Thursday, July 19, 2012

Patience is not my virtue

Thanks, Kae, for taking care of our sucking up and award accepting duties. Like she mentioned, I have been very busy lately. Of course, it's mostly being very busy waiting. That's just what the military does. We had an early formation, and then waited an hour to go answer a survey about whether we had had unprofessional relationships with our TIs (Training Instructors) during boot camp, or whether we had ever been discriminated against because of our gender. To which, I answered, I'm a female in the military. Of course I have. It doesn't make it right, but it doesn't make it a surprise.

Also, as mentioned in an earlier post, I had some of the things from me and Señor Marine's home packed up and sent either to storage or to meet me at my new base. This was my first time doing the whole shipping thing, as up till now I've been able to stuff what I own in a couple duffel bags and drag them along with me.

This happened near a month ago, so I called the TMO office (TMO is the guys in charge making sure you and your things all get safely to your new base) to ask where my things were. They responded with an unhelpful, "We can't release that information to you." I'm sorry, are my things top secret or something now? I'm imagining what they could possibly be holding my things for. The things I shipped, keep in mind, are textbooks, cold weather clothing I won't be needing until, oh, never again, and shoes. Lots and lots and LOTS of shoes. Did some spec ops group stumble across my blue suede boots and decide they had to have them for a mission? 

Like this, but with blue boots.


Of course I asked for clarification, and they said, "You can look online for it." Again...WHAT? Like on Craigslist? Do I need to buy my own stuff back? Look for pictures of these spec ops guys in my clothing? The office didn't have any more information to give me than that.

Thankfully, yesterday, I got a phone call from the TMO guys at Lackland. Lackland is the Air Force's basic training base. They had my things there, but didn't believe that I wasn't there, and would not be releasing it until I proved to them I wasn't in basic training. Once again...WHAT? How does it make sense that I would be shipping things to myself if I were at basic training? I think they would know that isn't allowed. Thus starts my adventure of faxing copies of my orders, and waiting. I guarantee my orders will be lost at least three times and my things won't show up until late August. Anyone wanna start a betting pool?


Definitely wish I had had stilettos and my own clothes at this point. Or anything but MOPP gear. Funny thing is, this is actually my flight at basic. No, I don't know where I am. Just look for the one with the left-handed gas mask. That one is me.

Along the lines of "hurry up and wait", Señor Marine and I were going to wait until the Labor Day weekend to set up a visit. Of course that looked like it wasn't going to work out, so we decided to just go ahead and buy plane tickets now. So he'll be here in a week! One week from now, we will be disgustingly sickeningly cuddling on the same side of a booth at some romantic catfish diner. Just thinking about it makes me nauseated with how cute it'll be. But the bad part is, I have no patience. Literally none whatsoever. Ask Señor Marine. Thus starts the longest week EVER.

How could you not be looking forward to seeing this little nerd.

I have promised Señor Marine I would keep my crazy under wraps for this week. I'll try to make that same promise to the rest of you.

Bee out.

No comments:

Post a Comment