Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Moving on up...

...to the north.

The caravan we drove north. In the fog. With screaming babies and children. To sign papers to buy a house where it was snowing/sleeting in June. June.


I currently blog using the neighbor's wifi connection. And I've finally unpacked enough chargers/camera cords to make a blog post less lame.


Here's the view from our new house, which is of the water. Which is what drew us way the heck up to the Arctic. (Or the Twin Ports. But it's 50 degrees in June. So I'm laying claim to our near Arctic status).

 
I spend the day listening to the cargo (?) ships' horns and spotting the fishing charters, scenic cruises and Coast Guard boats go by. Like any boat obsessed 4 year old boy would do.
 
But that's still a better use of time than when I'm looking out the window on the other side of the house, where I have a nice view of all the neighbors and their business. And I since I spend a significant amount of my day nursing the baby while I gaze out the window, I'm able to keep Aquaman apprised of what all the neighbors are up to. Like the guy who lives across the street and leaves every day at noon to get Jimmy John's and bring it home for lunch. Don't worry, nothing is going to be missed on my watch.

We are all adjusting quite well to city living. I can't attest to how the neighbors are adjusting to us, but we're doing great. Last week, Aquaman was driving home from work and heard the kids (namely Lanky) screaming and playing from two blocks away. He thought he would come home to find them running joyfully through the backyard. Oh no. They were in the living room. With the windows closed.

But, back to the water. Which is awesome. Instead of luuuuuuuuugging our sailboat hours away on a trailer, we pop over to the marina.

 

She doesn't know right from left, but she has port and starboard down solid.
 
Looking...cool? confident? smarmy?
 
He didn't catch anything, but Aquaman is a good dad and jumped to every time Lanky yelled out that he had a bite.
 
The on-again, off-again frenemies cuddled up for naptime.
 
Naptime down below.
 
 
Ahoy, mateys.
 
 
--Kae--


No comments:

Post a Comment