Friday, June 21, 2013

Popping tags with baby in tow

Ye olde blogge was resurrected for the sake of a certain Grandma and Grandpa (and some Aunties) now that we live a distance away. If you aren't a relation, I encourage you now to look away from the most tedious train wreck of a post that's coming at you. Unless you enjoy detailed itineraries of nothingness. In which case, read on.

I started the day with a headache, which is the kids' favorite kind of day. It means I get a slow (slower than my usual molasses pace) start and they are welcome to all the science videos they want while I crawl to the kitchen. (Disclaimer: Pipsqueak does not enjoy these mornings. He doesn't enjoy anything that stands between him and his morning carbs).

Our day took a surprising turn for the better when my mom and dad (Balabusta and Pops) decided to cut their Canadian Border camping trip short. They may not have enjoyed the mosquitoes, cold, and torrential rains, but the kids and I were happy that all drove them straight into our needy, needy arms for a visit.

The raging river in the background is the one Blondie wanted to "explore".
 
And since absence makes the heart grow fonder, Balabusta and Pops brought us smoked salmon, smoked ciscoe, and cheese curds. You can take my word for it that it's like heaven's lunch buffet.
 
Then home for naps and a surprise email from Aquaman that tonight would be a good night to go out on the boat so we're all ready to go be spectators at our city's big marathon tomorrow. We had planned to sail up the shore and watch it, but Aquaman- while toiling away at work- got the idea that he and some of the kids should get a headstart going up the coast from the marina tonight. And by some of the kids, he meant all of them except the baby. (It might have had something to do with my not-overly-dramatic speech yesterday (and the day before, and the day before that...) about my mental exhaustion with all these little attitudes I'm daily butting heads with.
 
So, as of 5 pm I was off the clock. (Other than the six feedings I will be attending to during the overnight hours.) And the Lion Cub and I will be walking 2.4 miles to meet them at the harbor tomorrow.
 
Lion Cub and I started our party by hitting up my new favorite place in all the land:
 
 
 
 He loves poppin' tags. He's my little thrifting buddy.
 
 
2 rashguards/swimshirts for the big boys, a new pair of cargo pants for Lanky, a t-shirt for me, and a Savers Membership Card later, we rolled into Target to spend a bit of the birthday money Balabusta and Pops gave me:
 

Why, yes, they are from the little girls' section. They're way cheaper and way more comfortable than women's shoes. And sparkly gold.
 
 
And then a white knuckle-ish drive home:
 
 Maybe not so scary for people who don't have a history of driving into lakes/ponds during fog.
 
 
And the Lion Cub was all tuckered out from our exciting evening:
 

 
And my victory dance of the quiet evening was cut short by Mr. Giggles:
 


 

I may or may not have figured out uploading this video. Summary: Lion Cub laughs like a donkey. No baby giggles here.
 
 
Where we then proceeded to write the most boringest of all blog posts. The end, amen.
 
 
--Kae--

No comments:

Post a Comment