Sunday, February 12, 2012

footloose and fancy free

I feel like my life doesn't live up to Kae's wild expectations. Yes,  Señor Marine and I don't have children like her and have our weekends free (usually) to do what we want. However, my Friday night consisted of watching Grey's Anatomy while Señor Marine and his little brother played video games together. At least Saturday we ended up doing things with friends, so I felt slightly less lame and like less of a disgrace.


Today was a good day. Señor Marine made me the most delicious oatmeal pancakes for breakfast, and then took me to see The Vow. Yes, The Vow. He agreed to go on the grounds that he didn't know in advance what it was about. I feel like this was a solid choice on his part. However, a mutual friend of ours heard about the date and said, "You mean that lame movie where the girl loses her memory and her husband tries to make her love him again?" Upon hearing this, Señor Marine knew he was in for some horror.


He was (mostly) silent during the movie. There were a few snorts on his behalf, but otherwise, he had much less to say about the movie than the two seventy-something women sitting behind us (it was like sitting in front of the hecklers from the Muppet Show). The second we were out of the theater though, he was in peals of laughter. His review: "Sure. Have a bunch of hipsters flying around a movie. That makes a great story. Everyone loves hipsters" (vomiting motion). Me? I loved it. Give me melodramatic story lines any day. Hipsters are an added bonus. The only unbelievable part though was when Rachel McAdams wakes up from her coma and won't listen to Channing Tatum (or is it Tatum Channing? I never get it straight) saying he is her husband. I think any woman would see him and say, "I don't care if you are a crazy stalker psychopath. I will believe you are my husband. Take me away!"


So now we are trying to savor our last moments of the weekend before heading back to the grind bright and early in the morning. I made a delicious chicken dinner and am about to pass out into a food coma. In case you're interested, the chicken was delicious and didn't end up burned on the outside and completely raw on the inside, like usually happens with my cooking. I suppose I can share this recipe with the world. Go make some Delicious chicken! (As a side note, I used garlic Ritz crackers instead of normal ones and it was goooood).




It's probably time to tackle some homework. On that note... 안녕히 가세요!


--Bee--


No comments:

Post a Comment