Monday, June 25, 2012

Let the good times roll...

We finished our standardized testing for the year (thanks Governor D. for not doing away with those things for homeschoolers when you had the chance last year. I'll let you know how I feel about that in the next election). And I've had a headache for four days straight, which may or may not be related to standardized testing (I'm blaming you for the headache as well, Governor D).

I feel like we all deserve a fun day. But Lanky just started talking to me about "The Inflatable Hulk" and was shocked to find out it's actually the Incredible Hulk (welcome to ESL land). And over the weekend, Matilda showed me a tooth that was maybe a little loose, then trotted back two minutes later to show me that she had pulled the tooth. (Me flapping my hands and trying not squeal out a girlie, "Eeeeeewwwwwwww!" ensued). Because she's done this a time or two before, I'm starting to fear for her permanent teeth that aren't at all loose. (Because who does that?! Who pulls a tooth out of their head that is not loose?!)

So the moral of the story is, maybe I think we'd be better served today by sitting around the table and working diligently on some vocabulary. Or reading. Or science wherein we learn that teeth are supposed to be attached to your jaw unless they fall out on their own. And then take a standardized test to prove that we learned it.

Yes, let the good times rollllllllll....

*Why yes, this song was performed by the opening act at the concert Aquaman and I semi-recently attended

--Kae--

No comments:

Post a Comment