Monday, November 12, 2012

Bee writes from the depths of spinsterhood

Alright. Kae, bless her heart, has been more than upholding this blog, along with gestating new life. Upholding? Is that even the right word? I'm making it one now. I, on the other hand, have been wallowing into (married) spinsterhood and, well, doing nothing. I have been keeping myself busy with little knitting projects. I am now the proud owner of a few pairs of leg warmers, fingerless gloves, and a cardigan. I sent Señor Marine pictures of my cardigan, which I made in two days. His response? "You must be really good to have knitted it that fast." No, Señor Marine, I am just stuck in a wasteland with nothing else to do, and all of my wingmen gone.

As my mother pointed out, no, I did not have anyone to take the picture for me. This is my new cardigan, creepily taken in a mirror.


So here's my update. I recently finished my work here, and now I'm just waiting to move on to the next adventure. I visited Señor Marine at his location a few weeks ago. That was a good time. It was fairly low key, as Señor Marine is pretty restricted at his base, and was at work a good amount of the time that I was there. But really, it was just nice being in a place that had, you know, SEASONS. I saw some autumn colors! I even enjoyed when my hotel was evacuated because a bunch of lieutenants were trying to cook in their room and started it on fire. I stood outside without my coat in 25 degree weather, and it was AWESOME. I say that now, anyway. Wait till I get to my next snowbound assignment.

Coming up, I will be trying to find a ridiculous show to replace Breaking Amish. Señor Marine will be visiting for Thanksgiving, I will possibly manage to see him at Christmas, and then he's off to the other side of the world. I will do my best, but I don't forsee any fun posts like you're used to from me for a little bit after that. I mean, come on. I'm going to be eating baby rabbit eyeballs, and then be as separated as possible from Señor Marine. Even if he is growing a mustache right now just to spite me, I'll still miss him. (I will also be asking him to supply a picture of said mustache, so the rest of you all can be as horrified as I am.)

Man, Kae. You need to lend me some kids for a while so I have cute pictures and stories to share. I could tell stories about PFC Cuddles, but I think that would qualify me as crazy. Like that one time a friend texted to ask what I was doing, and I said "we" were watching TV. That was mistaken to mean I was hanging out with other people. No. It was just me and PFC Cuddles watching Grey's Anatomy. He's really into doctor shows.

Señor Marine and PFC Cuddles, at his birth. Yes. HIS BIRTH.


Now that you have seen the depths to which I've fallen, I shall grace you with a song I have been addicted to lately, and sign off before this gets weirder.

No comments:

Post a Comment