Thursday, November 15, 2012

Gifts from the heart...and from the wild

Lanky is a sweet guy. He'll come inside with something behind his back and tell me he has a surprise. I've been gifted bouquets of dandelions, thistles, and some weird flower that actually kind of stunk up the house.

So, today at Grandma's when Lanky earnestly said, "Mom, I have a surprise for you," I was expecting a pinecone, maybe some dried up fall foilage.

Instead,


 

 
What mother wouldn't rather display part of an animal carcass on the kitchen counter instead of a vase of fresh picked wildflowers?
 
 

 
 
Should I even say it's the thought that counts? Because you know darn well I'll be treasuring my new animal skull for years to come.
 
 
--Kae--

2 comments:

  1. That is my kind of boy! We have several skulls, a horn, alligator head, stuffed frog, crow feet and a ginormous mule deer on display in our house. He'd fit right in with all our crazy! Plus, you can scrub it with a toothbrush and some bleach mixed with water to freshen that beauty up and get rid of some of the ick factor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I knew you'd be all over this post! I was thinking of your skulls as I wrote this. :) And I figured you'd know how to clean that baby up because it kind of smells.

      Delete