Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Pulling the plug on Kae

Do you know how hard it is to plan for one suitcase to hold the next four months worth of outfits (plus shoes and toiletries)? Just saying. I am going to be moving a few times over the next four months and living out of hotels, so I'm trying to keep it light while all my non-necessities are being stored. One bag for uniforms, one bag for my beloved civilian clothes. Everytime I think I have it arranged, I find something important, like a sweatshirt that surely will come in handy for someone moving from the desert to the dead of winter in a practically arctic climate. So then I find myself staring at my suitcase, wondering if I should leave behind the glitter boots or my shampoo. It's gotten to the point that I put all my clothing back into the drawers and hid my suitcase from view so I don't have to think about it.

Along with that comes another thing I had to do, which is deactivate my facebook. It really wasn't that big of a deal, other than that's the main way I communicate with Kae. As I told her, it was like having to pull the plug on her. Now I'll never be able to send her a quick witty comment about a cute DIY maternity dress pattern I found. I'm going to have to actually, like, work to get a message to her. We both are accepting this is the end of our sisterhood. I probably won't even know she gave birth until sometime in the summer.

On that note, Kae, that is what is happening in my life. Maybe send a messenger pigeon to let me know when the baby is born?

Bee out.

P.S. Here's my song for today, as a late Veteran's Day nod.

No comments:

Post a Comment