Sunday, April 29, 2012

Seagull Rock!

Today I got the opportunity to officiate my friend's wedding. I find it personally a little weird that for this marriage to be legal, I couldn't just go do it for her. I had to spend literally thirty seconds online to fill out a form to get credentials, and then I could do it. Something is wrong with that system there.

Anyway. It was a beautiful typical misty day out. Señor Marine and I picked up Ocean Princess and King Neptune (names in honor of their wedding spot...and let's face it, Ocean Princess looks like beautiful windswept mermaid royalty).




We drove out to the giant rock formation on the coastline that they had chosen to get married on. The giant rock formation that was adorned with a dead seagull and surrounded by seals and their babies.



Baby seal!!!

Anyway. Once King Neptune and Señor Marine were able to be pulled away from the baby seal (which, look at it...it's pretty tough to pull yourself away from that), the wedding got underway.

It was a nice, simple ceremony. It was just those two, their two witnesses and Señor Marine, so I could have a date for lunch after the ceremony.


After the ceremony ended with the traditional, "And by the power vested in me by the state of California and a Jedi master..." They were married! Man, I feel powerful.

So off we went for some photo ops and then some completely delicious Benihana's.

Look closely beside King Neptune.


Classy.


 So that's all I got for the day. I'm so happy for Ocean Princess and King Neptune. Yaaay!

--Bee--

No comments:

Post a Comment