Friday, April 6, 2012

Swept out to sea

I know, I know, you all have been waiting anxiously for Bee's triumphant return to The Blog. Yes, I have been silent, but only in English. I have been working too hard in Korean that my English doesn't work well anymore. Although apparently my Korean is wavering between sounding like Sassy Pant's level of speech (but in English, of course) and my own level of speech (also in English). Fun times.

Also, two friends from home came to visit, which was pretty badass. Señor Marine and I did all the touristy things we only do when we are entertaining the rare out-of-town guest. We went to Big Sur, fell down rocks and cliffs, and generally had a great time. It was really nice to have people I knew from home come visit, even if it did make me way more homesick.

This past week, Señor Marine had to work overnight, so I was left to my own devices. After getting over my annoyance that the Marines, like a needy clingy wife, stole him from me so I had to sleep on my own, I proceeded to lie in bed, eating potato chips and rewatching a few Arrested Development episodes. Which led me to think what life would be like, had I joined the Army instead.


If only....

What I have to report on for the weekend is Señor Marine is going scuba diving tomorrow for the first time in a long time, and the first time in the ocean. If he gets swept out to sea, I'll be pretty pissed. If I can brave the cold without a wetsuit, I'm going to try going under (not like, open sea diving, but like barely off the shore diving).

And now for my favorite music of the week. Watch Penguin Cafe Orchestra and soak up the 80s hair and talent.

No comments:

Post a Comment